Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Another Love stroke, it is Mayank Prakash Patel this time



I was suffering from heavy cold, sneezing continuously at five SIPM (Sneezing Instances Per Minute) and decided to take rest. Prepared Chana Curry and chappatties for the BrUnch(Breakfast + Lunch). I purchased a thick woollen Jacket with a cap attached when I was at home and wore that to create a warm effect. I think you know more about me than my mother, updated about things happening in my life and my friends.


(Besides me is Mayank)

Mayank Patel; Complete name is Mayank Prakash Patel who was with me since fifth standard, a smart and handsome personality who strives to take care of his friends and loved ones. He is working in Hyderabad and recently called me to update his marriage. He calls me and says that he is planning to get married soon though the dates are not declared. It is an inter caste marriage and the families agreed for a peaceful celebration. He is Gujrati and the girl is Sindhi named Bhakti Kalyani, a citizen of Nagpur working in Pune who resembles her twin sister (Bhavana, if I recall the name) in appearance, tall to 5 feet 4 inches(uh! might be high heels), fair in complexion.

I remember the days when Mayank would come in front of my house always wearing clean jeans, T-shirt, sporty shoes, a cream coloured jacket, a handkerchief tied on his forehead with helmet above it and few books in his small twisted bag making him resemble the secret agents in English movies. He had a CD 100 Bike that perfectly adjusts him for short tours. His pouch inside the bag has everything from comb, nail cutter, blades to multi coloured pens. He was a movie database that has the latest updates on actors, actresses, directors and their latest ventures. He could speak non-stop for a day without letting us feel bored.

Atul Sadhu is the person who started these twisting stories of love marriage. He has injected the love fundas in the minds of polite and humble Indian Citizens. I hope you remember Atul on whom I wrote a long post on December 2009, whose marriage was one among the biggest 2009 marriages for me. He is referred as Love-guru by Mayank and married the most intelligent girl in his college, though no one knew about this, at least not me. Atul is settled happily in Pune and often calls me to shift my location to Pune and marry a girl; he needs a high dose of scoldings.

It is 11 AM and I received a call on my mobile. The women introduced her from “More” (A supermarket owned by Birla) and started reciting the rates of potato, cucumber, carrots and tomatoes. I heard her politely and she ended the call asking “won’t you come here sir” and I disconnected replying “yes sure why not”. Companies have started marketing their products with rates and offers updated to customers 24X7.

We were sitting in the benches that were the centre of the sixth standard classroom when the principal twisted Mayank’s ears as if he was stuffed in cotton making the hands feels better. Ear twists, slaps, head shots, chock assassinations were all some minor dosages for improvement that we used to get on a daily basis. Mayank was talkative from the moment I met him though we came closer during the engineering days. His favourite actor was Shahrukh khan and most of his early attires reflected the actor.

Mayank said that Bhakti Mayank (ok later, the so referred woman) would be shifting to Hyderabad soon. Atul updated me on the recent happenings on mayank and said that he never expected Mayank would be married because of love. However, I certainly that doubt it would be Atul whose footwears were left for Mayank to wear.

I am happy the day, I see my friends happy, sharing the joy they experience in life, the plans they make for life. I am happier to attend another marriage and witness the inter-caste rituals; provided they happen on the same day and at a distance, I am reachable.

37 comments:

  1. Attending friend's wedding is always fun :) I have been doing it quite often these days :) Hope you will have a great time too :)

    I'm happy that you called 5'4 as tall ;) for once I'm feeling good abt my height too :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, good to hear about your friend, what are your plans? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice read abhi ! hope u have a gala time seeing the rituals and snacking the wedding fare !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy that you are going to attend your another friends wedding. when is going to be yours. Hope i will get invitations for that .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh thats great in attending weddings, specially close buddies.. plz do njoy it b4 getting stuck life n its probs... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great..marriages are the best time for food and meeting people,esp friend's :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Abhi,
    Good Morning!
    Hearty Congrats to Mayank and Bhakti!
    Marriages are functions on must attend;a chance to meet relatives,long-lost friends,enjoy the rituals and yummy food.I have a reception on 23rd evening to attend.
    Enjoy and celebrate...Your lady luck may be on her way...
    Wising you a beautiful day,
    Sasneham,
    Anu

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was nice narration Abhi, are you also planning something?. If it is Tripunithura, I can make it:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think weddings are evil. But that's just the immature, commitment-phobic me talking. ;-)

    In all seriousness, I wish your friend all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Abhi, how are you? Thanks for the well wishes, I have been blessed with a baby boy and baby girl on Dec 29. Life is pretty busy around here right now, it will take another couple of months for me to start blogging. Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Nithya - Hey Nits! I thought you were close to 6 feet from the photographs... :)

    and 5 feet 4 inches is not a small height for the girls... you always have options for heels :)

    Gils always look cute in average heights(5 feet 6 to 5 feet 8)... 5 feet 4 inch is fine... (my opinion)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Mridula - No plans yet... Did not met anyone yet who could help me decide on plans :(

    Anyone in your neighborhood? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Priya - Thanks, I am witnessing inter caste marriages for the second time. Hope it would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Swathi - I wills send the invitations to all the blogger friends. You would be the first one to receive, sure... Dont ask when :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Devil incarnate - Thanks. I am also waiting for the moment to meet friends again.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Gulmohar(Namitha) - Well said. I am also waiting to eat dishes from two cultures... need to make me prepare to consume them

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Anupama - Thanks Anu... hope the lady luck gets the tarin in right time and meets me :( or otherwise I am "happy always" :D kidding ...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Abhi, make ur mom read ur blogs...time for the broker to visit ur home I guess....and I am 5'7" and was never comfortable with my height....lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations to your friend!
    Get well soon! (Well, some bitter gourd and Brussels sprouts will help ;-))
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for sharing your experiences abhi, i really enjoy reading them everytime....always have a smile on my face.....very interesting and makes me happy as well...congrats to your friend and pls get well soon!!!take rest...

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Nisa- I pray she never reads it, otherwise I am gone. This is my space, for amma I am a smart cool boy...

    Baal vivah is banned in India :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Angie - Thanks for the wishes, see I got well... my gym master will kill me if I keep on getting sick.. need to live life for others too :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. @Sushma - Thanks Sushma... I am really happy to read that you have a smile on your face while reading the post.

    ReplyDelete
  24. @Chitra - Thanks Chitra. For sure will let you know once I am ready for a marriage... Lets make it from Tripunithura then...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. @Sangeetha - Thanks boss...

    @Sophia - My parents do not have that opinion. But this is too early fr me to think about marriage... :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. @Gita - Congrats Gita!!! A great news... Will be looking forward to your post with the pictures...

    Waiting for you to be back again

    ReplyDelete
  27. My first time to your blog. Nice work! It's always a thrill to attend our childhood friend's wedding. Lots of wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  28. nice narration abhi.It's always nice to sit n chat for hours with your friends .Even I had a friend who used to be a big "no" to love ;and also used to preach each and every person who was in love.Finally I was shocked to see her itself falling in love and have an intercaste arranged love marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  29. @Nithu- Hey! thanks for visiting this space and I am happy to hear that you liked the blog. Friends are a part of our life, they share a better portion of our "true life".

    ReplyDelete
  30. @Raji - I am not a "no" to love but I think it is not the right time to make a love. Actually it has no specific time, love happens anytime in your life... however marriage is a very important decision one must think and take.

    Nice to hear that your friend too was married after a love sequence.

    May all marry in love and be loving after that :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Nice read. How about you? When are you tieing the knot? ;-)
    PS: The exercises you suggested are going on. I am hoping to see a visualize decrease in the size soon. Da keeto?!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hai Abhi...I saw ur comment at Anu's blog and thats how I reached your blog...Nice one...Haven't read much...Just started from latest...

    Usually, I can't comment from office, as it blocks the comment box if it shows in the same page...and just now, the block is off..due some crazy reason...and thts how I am commenting in...Hope this gets thru b4 they block it again...

    Good writing...and will surely go thru ur older posts too...Only then I will know exactly what and who and all abt ur blog...and hey, never miss weddings...I miss them too much here...and wouldnt want anybody to miss their chance...

    ReplyDelete
  33. @VS - Not too early... Let time decide :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Marriages are the best time for fun ,food and meeting friend's :-)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Abi u r most welcome to start the event....lol

    ReplyDelete
  36. hmmm...Hope u had fun in the wedding..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your valuable comments. I do respect your opinions.

All the posts are about my life with a pinch of comment on social activities and new discoveries happening around us.

The purpose is to impart knowledge and welcome comments for correction on views, since these are from a single spectator.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin