Friday, January 8, 2010
Fulfilling unending dreams before 2012 – war of concepts, logics and belief
I am writing this post sitting on my bed, with Avinash ironing his clothes and Noufal getting ready for the office. We had a discussion on 2012 phenomenon and several incidents and thoughts came out. We saw the movie 2012 and from then my friends keep telling that the world is going to end by 2012 and their concept is that the movie has logic and the glaciers are melting too.
People try to devise their own logic behind each concept. People often fear in their life and try to find reasons for their laziness and worries. We all think in different manner but shouldn’t we think about today and leave tomorrow in the hands of future generations to come.
My sister has an eye on my mobile and she is talking about it from the time she reached college. I said that I am waiting for her to pass the college with flying colors and her reply was that the world is going to end by 2012 and why should she wait until then to get the mobile.
Avinash was teaching his brother to save money and the importance of it in life. Children are intelligent and think beyond our thoughts. His brother denied Avinash’s preaching with his concept that the world is going to end by 2012 and why should we save money. We can visit different places and eat everything before we die. Really a classic thought, isn’t it?
I remember a story named balkaran in the text book of 7th class in which a group of soldiers were conversing about some sweets. One suspected that it may have poison and to avoid it. The reply from the other soldier was that “marna hi hain toh jahar khakar kyun nahi mare, bhuk se jaan nikli ja rahi hain” (If we have to die one day then why not with a poison, I am dying with hunger). The same is my concept, if you have to die one day then don’t worry about it and live your life as usual.
Do we expect lord Vishnu to save earth as a vamana avatar or take a technical avatar and save the earth? : )
According to Wikipedia 2012 marks the end of the Mayan long count calendar which was used in Central America, prior to arrival of Europeans. There are different theories that Wikipedia suggests making 2012 as the end of human beings. You can read them here in the Wikipedia’s article on 2012 phenomenon.
I saw a black forest in Faiza Ali’s blog and wished I could have one. I wasted no time and went to a nearby bakery and purchased one. The moment the cake touched my tongue I felt satisfied fulfilling my wish.
Will life end by 2012? Thoughts are welcome.
Before my life ends I would like to accomplish some of my dreams. I thought why not to list some of the dreams here.
1. My dream is to purchase a Mercedes benz by my salary. It will take at least some years for it to come true but if life is to end by 2012 then I would prefer a ambassador modified to Benz. ;) If god adds some years to my life then for sure I will purchase it. To be a bit confident, there is nothing in my life that I have dreamed and never achieved. “Bahut confidence hain bhai”?
2. I have to purchase my dream mobile nokia n97 which I am dreaming to buy since long. I have the cash ready but again a confusion exists whether to buy the new n900 or wait for google’s nexus one to release in India. I and the colleagues have decided to quit iPhone together, so no comments on it.
3. I want to spend some time with my mother. I dream to be with my mother for at-least a month and eat the delicious food she prepares. I dream to take my mother to each and every corner of the earth and explore the food and culture before I die. I want to at least win a Sudoku puzzle faster than she do and answer any quiz more quickly than she could. A big dream but yes I can do. At least, let me believe it.
4. I have to install Need for speed and play it in networking with my friends. I did this during my college days but this is something different. Let the fun begin. I want to play it the whole day until my heart says “Abhi, you are done; now it does not matter even if you die.”
5. I wish I could go again to my college and sit with my friends to bring back the lost days, months and years. I wish I could sit in the class of Artificial intelligence once again that everyone feared to attend. I plan to propose the girl whom I forget due to my parent’s insistence for studies. I want to sit at the back benches and pass comments and enjoy life the way I did. I am confident that I would be able to answer all the questions from my teachers.
Even if the world ends I will always have 5 points whether 5 steps to cooking, 5 steps to eating, 5 steps to programming, 5 steps to exploring or what so ever.
I would not insist but would be happy if others can also list their dreams either in their blogs or as a comment in this article. May god turn, all your wishes into real.