Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Latest model of Zigzag coconut car launched in India



Human mind is the creator and the destroyer. Man invented wheels and started his journey towards innovation that is still continued in the latest cars, trains and all other means of transport that we can see today. Gadgets and most modern computers are been embedded into the vehicles to support and protect the human race and preserve its existence. They are all planned, designed, modelled, created and maintained by humans with some forces supported by Mother Nature. Still the last words are mother nature and this post is intended to introduce a means of transport that most of us forget or might have the memories buried deep under the hundredth rack of our mind-cupboards.



I came from home after attending the marriage of my friend, eating delicious food prepared by my lovely mother and become busy with the daily work and friends. I did not get time to blog or rather I should say I did not find the time to blog being lazy.



I visited home this weekend and found an interesting means of transportation that I saw last during my childhood. This is a transportation children in India have discovered for their enjoyment. I call this a “zigzag coconut car” of children that still exists from medieval times to today, 2009. It does not have any sophisticated wheels or additional attachments but everything is natural.



I saw Akhil screeching at the entrance of the house. I rushed towards it and found that was a noise emerged due to the excitement and enjoyment he was experiencing. He was sitting on a vehicle that was been pulled by Appu from the other end. The vehicle started moving forward and approached me in a slow but majestic manner. It was a simple vehicle but the children made it appear interesting and worth watching. I named it zigzag coconut vehicle. Zigzag word was added to its name due to the turning property it possesses.



The construction of the Zigzag coconut car is very simple. It consists of a flat bed seat with a straight handle having spiked designs. Don’t be astonished with the description. Zigzag Coconut car is a small branch of a coconut tree that has a flat surface at the edge that holds the tree with leaves connecting it to its top in a decreasing manner. I remember the class of microprocessor in engineering where we used to study the construction of Intel chips described in a similar manner.



Though we might feel this childish at this age but still there is a hidden child within each of us that understands its existence through such incidents. I still wish I could be small and forget the tensions and the expectations I have from living entities surrounding me.

22 comments:

  1. Reading your post, my mind quickly wandered through many things-The Emperor's mind book(abt the human mind capability), microprocessors (As much as I hated that class, I had to sit thru it as it was a prerequisite to some of my other courses and lastly, sitting on the coconut tree.Some of the kids used to do that in my native town:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a neat "car." It is nice to see one that doesn't harm the planet. Children have so much to teach us. It seems we have more to learn from them than they do us. It would be very nice to retain that youthful innocence and optimism as we grow older.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The car does bring back so many childhood memories...like you said I too forget about this in the daily busy routine...good you took a break and went to native place....nice shots too Abhi :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed playing this coconut car quite long back with my younger brother...lovely shots..

    ReplyDelete
  5. U make me nostalgic with ur posting.beautiful click!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cuteeeeeee pics.... Its bringing back a lot of sweet memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute kids...they usually think of such things that no one can imagine also...lovely pictures abhi,enjoyed reading it....

    ReplyDelete
  8. By seeing the lovely pictures and reading your nice and interesting post I went to my childhood days when I used to play like this with my brother.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha ha ... I got a mosquito coil rotating in my mind and took me back to my childhood days!!!

    Should recommend this mode of transport in Copenhagen summit :p

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww...this picture is too adorable for words. It does bring back lots of memories...me bullying my brother to give me a "ride"...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kids will be kids and you of course like to join them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. we used to have that car when we were kids. then passed it on to our younger cousins. nostalgia...!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How neat! My daughter would so love a ride on this Zigzag coconut car!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You made me nostalgic Abhi..But we used to do play this with arecanut leaves:D Thanks for bringing back the good old memories..Those kids look very cute..your bros?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi friend this is vennilla here.. ur doing a really good job.. can we exchange links..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brought back some memories....The coconut is a pretty versatile tree for young children.
    We used parts at of the branches as cricket bats too

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so cute! There are so many things around us that curious children find amusing. That's why I dislike toy stores - they stunt the imagination and pollute the planet.

    ReplyDelete
  18. very very funny post . Couldnt stop laughing

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad to see that these games are not yet dead!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Game would not be dead forever because it is the one pumps everyone feeling. It also droves up our adrenaline to do things unexpected. There are many games that are totally good for relaxing like jumping, car race, swimming and other outdoor activities.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your valuable comments. I do respect your opinions.

All the posts are about my life with a pinch of comment on social activities and new discoveries happening around us.

The purpose is to impart knowledge and welcome comments for correction on views, since these are from a single spectator.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin