Sunday, November 29, 2009

Top marriage of 2009 in India, Atul Sadhu weds Aditi Andhare | wedding album of the love married couples



The long waiting for the marriage of my friend Atul Sadhu ended today at Jaiprakash nagar hall when Atul put garland (var mala) around the neck of the groom, Aditi Andhare. This was the top Indian marriage of 2009. There were whistles and screams, the moment Atul put the garland with his shaking hands controlled by his unstable mind. Atul Sadhu appeared to be tensed than Aditi Andhare; sorry I should now call her Aditi Sadhu after this marriage.


(Atul Sadhu weds Aditi Andhare)

The train journey was a time pass and was spent happily watching movies on my laptop. There were a group of passengers who gathered around to watch the movies and forget their boring sessions on train missing their families. It was middle of a last movie when Nagpur station came and I had to shut down my laptop. I could see a lot of sad faces behind me who wanted to spend their time on movies. My parents were at the station.


(Jaiprakash nagar hall)

I reached home and took my bike to leave for Atul’s marriage. I called Mayank to ask the route for the auditorium where the marriage was to commence who further gave the phone to Siddharth, a simple smart boy who assisted me to reach the hall. I remember Siddharth was being called as mummy ka boy by the classmates as he was depended on his mother a lot. I think he will get married soon and will become wife ka boy. :)


(Auditorium)

I reached and called Siddharth to confirm my presence at the hall. Mayank rushed at the entry to welcome me. It was not a welcome given to a VIP but a welcome given to a friend whom he met after 7 months. We went inside and saw Atul with Aditi and a group of ladies (young and old women) laughing and discussing on something unheard. He saw me and smiled without any astonishment that I was expecting from his face, may be he was tensed speaking with the ladies. I looked a round and found all colorful unknown faces. From the crowd Mayank was the only person I knew. I never like to go for weddings that have all strangers surrounding me without any known faces.

From the very start a lady, sorry a girl was in my view wearing green sari and yellow blouse. She I suppose was 23 or 24, 5 feet 5 inch in height, fair complexion, and with a sweet but confusing smile that caught my attention several times. I heard my inner instinct saying, “Abhilash beware! She is a marathi girl and Bala thakrey wont let you fly with her”. That very thought let me stop staring at her and watching in opposite direction. I don’t know why but whenever I want to get away from someone, the same thing approaches me again. Wherever I turned I could see her smiling and confusing my thoughts. amme! I hope this is not going to be start of a next leave, NEVER.


(Atul Sadhu in the room)

I was feeling lonely that made my spirits loose the activeness and strength I possess. I had my dinner with Mayank and his friends. The dinner had chappaties, rice, curry and some sweets. It was a nice dinner. Later all guest troops left and Atul was back to the room where we started discussing about school and college days. Most discussions were above my head as I was away from Atul for 6 years and never knew what happened in his life. I could only laugh at some of their jokes that never appeared to me as the laughing items. Soon I felt sleepy and slept covering me with the blanket Atul gave me and Mayank sleeping besides me.


Day two started with the sound from Atul’s mother who was calling Atul to get ready for the wedding and haldi pooja. Atul rushed into the bathroom after insistence from his father and was further dressed by his friends with Kurta paijama. Mayank tied his paijama and he was one of the leading members assisting his mainly for the marriage.

We went to see Atuls haldi pooja which was held in the room where the ladies were staying. I saw Atul sitting on the groung folding his legs and his mother applying haldi(turmeric) mixture on his legs and face. I do not know why they did it but I know it is part of their tradition. Atuls mother welcomed us and allowed me to take a couple of his snaps without any knowledge that they are going to be LIVE tonight.


(Atul sadhu's mother applying haldi)

You can see Atul tensed and worried even during the haldi pooja.


(Atul is now a haldi boy... oh sorry! a healthy boy :) )

Then we had the breakfast with vada, rava ladoos, chivda and mixtures. Mayank had more food than me and he said not to speak about the food as he is afraid of loose motions that appear further to peoples advises on food intake. We discussed some of the old school and college stories and our mischiefs. We were missing Hanish who is in America to complete his studies. We went in to the room after the breakfast where Atul was getting ready for the marriage.


(Atul sadhu dressing for marriage)

A group of friends and relatives surrounded him to make him ready for the marriage. They made him dress with his new shirt, pant and blazers. He tried several variations of shirt-ins and then finally was happy with one combination. I took the privilege to make him wear the suit that is considered the main part of dressing for north Indian weddings.


(Adjusting suit for wedding)

Atul was then made to wear a thread with hangings on three ends.


(Atul wearing the rope crown)

After tying the threads a hat was placed on his head. This hat was made of fur and covered his head clean.


(A fur hat for marriage ceremony)

I wore a red shirt and black pant without blazers to be a extinct organism in a group. Mayank forced me to wear his white colored coat for the marriage that covered my waist tight. Prabhat arraived in 15 minutes and had his breakfast from the hall. Prabhat was with me in diploma and went to another college in engineering. He is a very kind hear ted and great personality. Mayank likes him a lot and Atul admires him the same way.


(Prabhat Gupta in crazy cool looks)

I went outside and then conversed with Prabhat and asked his whereabouts. There were a couple of other guys who also posed for a photograph.


(Prabhat and other friends in wedding)

We went to the entrance of the Auditorium where Atul’s car was ready to take him towards the temple. The marriage yatra called in my words started with some drum beats and trumpeting.



(wedding car)

All rushed towards the crowd and started dancing like jumping-jacks. I was feeling a bit shy to dance in the crowd and that too with this bulky suit. I managed to get in and move my hands pointing upwards and then down again.



I turned around and saw Atul inside the car. After a second turn I could see “kangdi” jumping in the mob like the spider man, sorry spider woman. I know you don’t know about kangdi. She is Atul’s friend who was with him in engineering. Her name is Manjiri and people kept her name as kangdi due to her thin figure. She can no longer be called a kangdi as she is healthier than me in appearance. She astonished me with her blashting performance. I hope this was better than Hrithik roshans dance in the film Koi Mil Gaya.



Mayank pulled Prabhat into the dance group and they started the never called salsa. This dance was the creation of the Hydrabadi boys who were making it their unique creation. I moved to a side by shade and shot several pictures. I focused my camera on the yester night’s girl and shot her picture too. May be I can keep this for future reference.



The group moved around the temple with ladies dancing on one side and my boy’s dancing on the other. I called them my boys as some of them were familiar to me by now. I don’t feel them close enough for a friendly talk but yes privileged for my smile.



Atul came out of the car and went towards the girls group which had his relatives dancing. He joined them and started dancing like a wet hen. I saw such dance during a competition which had two cocks jumping and hitting each other with their beaks and claws. Atul Sadhu was wearing a white hat with fur on its top and three threads surrounding it.







The crew then moved into the hall and Atul went towards the stage where his marriage was to commence. We were given packets with colored rice to throw on Atul Sadhu and Aditi Andhare when the lady standing besides stops singing.


(Atul moving towards hall)

A priest then said something that I can never translate for you. Might be he said “parda taka aani chup basa” (please put the curtain and keep quiet). A curtain was then laid in between Atul Sadhu and Aditi Andhare and some songs were further sung by the ladies. As soon as the song ended, we aimed Atul’s head and threw the colored rice on him.



Aditi was standing on one side with her head faced on the ground. I fear she lost her handkerchief on the floor or she was pretending to be shy, I never know. She was looking beautiful and a real match to the handsome boy, Atul. Atul was still tensed on the other end of the curtain with his face searching for Aditi like google search engine.



After some songs and rituals the curtain was removed and both of them could see their face. The next task for Aditi was to put the garland on Atul’s neck which he used to pull up to prevent her from doing so. After several turns she finally succeeded in accomplishing the mission and placed the garland on him.





Then both of them sat on their seats located on the stage and the relatives and friends started giving their gifts. We were waiting in a group to find our turn and meet him. I was to leave tomorrow to Cochin so I was planning to leave early from the marriage. Mayank and Prabhat further decided to wait until the marriage ends and then they can leave back to Hyderabad.



I saw Atul and notified him about my intention of leaving early. He insisted me to stay but I had no choice. I was also damn bored with no one speaking around. I don’t know how I could resist this situation for one night and one day. This was only for my favorite friend Atul. I can never say No to him as I know he considers me a friend from his whole heart and anything for a friend like him.



So keep waiting for such marriages. I hope next in the queue will be Prabhat, Hanish and mayank. Don’t ask me questions about my marriage as I do not have any plans for it until 4-5 years.

24 comments:

  1. Loved reading, congrats to the newly married couple, my hearty wishes to them..

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved reading abhi congratulations to newly wed couple

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol...hey abhi, the bal thakarey thing was really funny :) nice commentry of the entire function ...nice snaps, enjoyed the read as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed reading each and every small details.Lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. was really nice reading and seeing those lovely pictures...my wishes to the newly married couple..

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice! u seemed to be the official photographer there :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautifully described with wonderful pictures. Brilliant post. You are an excellent photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing those pictures. What a beautiful couple.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love reading about weddings! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply Superb!!!!!!!!!! Abhi..... Really Enjoyed Reading yaar..... I knw some of the comments are controvercial :)... but in the end it does brings a sweet smile in our Face.... Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice photos Abhi..Congrats to the newly wed..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoyed reading!! Nice wedding photos..Congrats to the newly wed couple...

    ReplyDelete
  13. :) Wow.. u described the wedding pretty wel..
    a gud read and apt pics.. congrats 2 the newly wed..
    by the way i think ppl who say ther wedding wil b last, sme hw end up doing 1st.... :d

    ReplyDelete
  14. Abhi,

    I like the way you describe wedding it is pretty interesting. congrats on newly weds.

    ReplyDelete
  15. :) love the dance and entertainment at these weddings. we don't have much of that in kerala. but my grandmother used to tell me that at her times they used to have 3 days of celebration with dance and songs...

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are one heck of a story teller..Aren't you?Enjoyed reading and beautiful pics

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thannks for dropping by..Lovely marriage pic..Congratulations to your freind...Havent attended a wedding since ages.

    btw I am not maharashtrian.Most of the dishes i post are from the land of orissa including alu bhindi where food is cooked in mustard oil including alu bhindi

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Abhi, How are u boss?
    Hey i missed so many of ur posts yaar, i recently moved to Minnesota. And just two days back i got settled in my new home, will try to read your posts asap. And by the by did u get amnesia? Its okay, i will try to bring back your memory.
    Your name Abhi, you write interesting and hilarious posts and i am ur blogger friend Mye, i have recipe blog, you used to visit often and leave both good and kidding comments about my recipes.
    I think these details are enough for u and hope to see ur comments back on my posts. Takecare Bro.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The bride looks so beautiful! I noticed that all Indian women look so beautiful!! More pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your valuable comments. I do respect your opinions.

All the posts are about my life with a pinch of comment on social activities and new discoveries happening around us.

The purpose is to impart knowledge and welcome comments for correction on views, since these are from a single spectator.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin