Thursday, November 26, 2009

My story of first Love in Life as Artist



It was my first day in the diploma course that I joined with a genuine reason I had for my parents, “My friends are going to study computer science and diploma is a chance to get admissions in direct second year engineering”. It was not because I was an engineering enthusiast but only due to my love for my friends and my intention to be with them. I was never a studious book worm but an average student who never kept any papers pending for the next semester.



I was always a class level artist and got several small state level prizes in drawing competitions during my school-days. I used to draw pictures of my teachers, dogs, cats and everything around me. Whenever I used to study about the working of a microprocessor to an operating systems working; all I used were drawings that could make me remember the way I have to write them.

I entered the first year and started involving more into studies as my vehicle partner was a studious guy. I always used to sit in the back benches and as always draw caricature of my teachers and show it to the friends after the class was over. We all used to laugh and make fun.

One day while walking towards the library I saw a figure, tall and attractive that took away my heart in the first glance. I turned once, then again and again. I could never restrict my eyes to revolve around her and she used to pass a light smile in return. It was like printed in my heart and my artistic mind shifted towards drawing her, as a masterpiece. I filled a number of engineering drawing sheets with her photographs portraying her hairs, her face, and her overall posture. It was not hard for my friends to understand that something is wrong with me. I was running on a wrong track which I never did in my life before but then it was a young age and I was immature.



My parents were never happy about my hobby for drawing always and no serious studies. Soon a resolution was passed in the house approved by my father to stop me drawing until I complete my engineering. That made an end to my artistic career.

So, that was my first story and last story of first love in life and that too as an artist. There were several girls that entered in my life after this incident but I was never attracted towards them. All I could still remember are the memories of her smile and my drawings. You all might wonder why I discussed this incident today. This is because I saw vaaranam aayiram today and that reminded me about the old college life. This is something I can never forget.

Today I am too far from drawings and caricature, and girls too. I do not find time for anything mentioned above after my work hours or to be frank I am not interested to spend more time on such activities but yes I have a lot of memories that I can dig and make myself satisfied.

22 comments:

  1. Aww, that's really sad that you had to stop drawing! You're an awesome artist, Abhi. If you enjoy doing it, then you should pick up the pencil again and start sketching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have an inborn talent. Never ever stop drawing. Keep up the good work. I hope you will start your sketch work very soon.
    Please collect your award from my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so pretty, no wonder u liked her...And ur a great artist, even i too do sketching in my free time and i really love to spend more time on it...i think u should do it again as ur really good at it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Re: Sushma, Babli and Palidor

    Thanks for your comments. I will for sure consider doing it again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Abhilash,

    Read your comment in my blog and also read your recent post. I too had exactly the very same childhood. My painting activity was stopped when I enetered 10 due to board exam and all. I comleted my Engg and then did job and then after 3 years of job, I pursued my hobby again. I paint again and have framed them and my paintings are hanging in the walls of my house. My father is proud now . I paint even better than i used to earlier. You always have time to pursue your dreams. Never give the excuse that you fall short of time for your dreams..You can sit for 15 min after office. Not much right. I need not say the pleasure you will get in those 15 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Re: Soma

    Thanks for your comments and sinsere thoughts.
    I will for sure look into your suggestions and try to implement them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Portrait is so good.Painting and crafts are my hobby and I still continue it.Parents never object to all this provided we are good in studies.Thanks for your wonderful comments .Do visit often.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wat a beautiful portrait Abhi..I never had that much interest in drawings, hope u should start again to make out some beautiful things and i'll be waiting to see ur fantastic sketch works soon..

    ReplyDelete
  9. re: priya and Padhu

    Thanks for your comments.
    Priya, I will try to create something interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey abhi,
    Dont let ur hobby die down, do persue it further. I too try my hands on drawing and shading, it's damn de-stressing, do try it as a stress buster. thanks for visiting and leaving comments at my blog.
    God bless
    TC

    ReplyDelete
  11. Re: Suparna

    Thank you for thesuggestions and opinions.
    I will for sure try to implement them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I could draw. I admire people who are good with drawing, dancing, instruments-playing, singing, gardening...ect. Last week I watched a film called 'incognito',( Harry Donovan is an art forger who paints fake Rembrandt picture for $500,000.......) and I wish I could draw, not that I want to get into the same business, but I really wish I could at least draw. Give your hobby a chance! All I have learned, taught and instructed in and out of the school was to get a stable job for future and for life....nothing wrong...but all these teachings have turned me into a boring average person.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...is that your drawing!...looks so good...it will be really good if you start it again...looks like you have a real flair for it....I like the first picture too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A good art piece!I think you should do it as a hobby and for relaxation!I too have lots of interest in painting but at times it is difficult to pursue it.Thanks to our life schedule but i definitely relax and enjoy doing what i like to do.Obviously you excel in that too.Hope you sketch
    whenever you can.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think a hobby is the best thing u do 4 urself to relax.You are such a good artist.I m sure after painting u feel satisfied and happy to c ur work and all ur worries are off ur mind.Dude start painting again.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Portrait looks great abhi...Drawing is an art and god's gift..Drawing helps u to come out of any stress any time..i would suggest continue whenever u get free time.:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. EEe kochu blogarude ullil ingane oru kalaakaran olichirippundayirunnooo...gr8 abhi...i too lov drawing,but not gr8 at portraits,expecting more .....

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great sketch...find time for this interest...im sure you can...you are gifted , dont throw that away

    ReplyDelete
  19. yes the school-college days... you never get that back! miss them so much. may be you can try to go for some part time classes... on whatever... it will keep your mind fresh, and you "may" some taste of the old memories. but for that you should make time form your present work schedules.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Re: All

    Thanks for your comments and your support.
    I will try to use your suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hmmmm... may be you should pick your pencils again! Think about it...

    ReplyDelete
  22. almost 2 years now after the post.... :) you have to pick up the pencils again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your valuable comments. I do respect your opinions.

All the posts are about my life with a pinch of comment on social activities and new discoveries happening around us.

The purpose is to impart knowledge and welcome comments for correction on views, since these are from a single spectator.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin