Saturday, November 14, 2009

Jumble Stories from Thai food festival in Cochin - Puzzle with toilet symbol



Friends and parties, they were the things to do this week and I could not write or read the blogs. I really miss the posts from the bloggers that I read daily. Biga and I were alone in the house this week due to Jk’s meeting in Mumbai. We decided to watch movies, eat food and enjoy. I was reading the newspaper; sorry I would like to correct my sentence, I was watching pictures in the newspaper when my attention went on an advertisement from Thailand food festival (Reading is a hard job for me and I don’t do it unless it is interesting). I discussed it with Biga and we decided to try a dinner at Thailand food festival in Hotel Renaissance Cochin.



A question asked by my fellow colleague was why I was going to eat Thai food. I think a person should try everything in his life (here I am not supporting the fellow drinkers who give me this reason. I would say try everything that is not harmful to your body). My theory says to eat different recipes each time and ensure whether you need to have it again in future.

We reached the hotel and the first question asked to the waiter was about the toilet. We washed our hands, face and went inside the restaurant. There was a long menu of Thai foods. We ordered Tom Yum Soup, Seafood cartho, Yong chong rice and Wok Tossed roasted pork. We started with the starter-soup and chips. It took 60 minutes for the items to be arranged on our table. We had the food and Biga went to wash his hands. I ordered to bring the bill. The waiter placed the slip and I was not at all astonished to see the amount. At last the food was good and the hotel properly maintained.



I decided to wash my hands on the arrival of Biga. I went straight to the toilet and opened the door. I could see a mirror in the front. I admired myself and walked in a heroic style towards it. I saw a door opening nearby and as always I turned to see the business man coming out from it; may be someone I know. Hotel renaissance is a posh hotel with businessmen and bureaucrats visiting it daily. I placed my eyes on the figure coming out from the toilet and returned it in a second with at most astonishment. The figure was a lady dressed in red salvar kameez. For 5 seconds I could not think or utter anything.



I turned at the lady with wide eyes wondering why she is in my toilet. She walked out cool opening the exit door. I thought the lady has entered inside the hotel for mistake. I followed her out of the toilet and confirmed the board. It was written Queen. Soon a tube light turned on in my mind and I was able to recognize that I was the one who made a mistake. I jumped towards the door next to the Queen written as King. I washed my face and returned to normal senses. I could not believe that I made such a mistake. I asked Biga to rush out of the hotel as I was completely shy and could not face the lady again.

I discussed this incident today with Mahesh and he told me about a similar event that happened with his friend who gets down at Amsterdam airport. The man landed on Amsterdam airport and thought to visit the toilet to refresh himself. He entered the door and found the room was dark. He went inside and then ran with his life. The women inside were screaming and cursing him. Due to people following different languages and from different countries visited the airport, there were signs used on the doors that the man could not follow.



There was an arrow symbol on circle for woman's toilet and a plus symbol on circle for man's toilet.

Signs and symbols are always a problem for the people who do not follow them. Toilet symbols will be the important things I will take care in future. Even if I do not check the menu I will make sure I check the toilets physical locations.

26 comments:

  1. Abhi :D I admire the lady's composure.

    But then the food was good you say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder why your coworker asked that question...
    LOL...seriously I couldn't follow the signs either

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha,, cant stop laughing..Abhi do check the symbols before entering to rest room yaar...lol..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am still laughing as I am typing this comment....this is really funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thai food, hey? Do they serve Thai on other days? Kochi could stand to increase the international fare. But then most locals I think prefer sambar rice types they can eat with their hands! ;) I also love that, but would love to try some good Thai, Chinese or even Italian in Kochi....

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was really a funny incident...enjoyed reading as well as laughing...u really write it well...

    ReplyDelete
  7. The food looks great! I agree with your philosophy about trying different foods. Trying new things is how we grow!

    Don't feel bad, Abhi. Once in university, I almost walked into the men's washroom. Luckily, my friend stopped me. Those last symbols at the airport are strange, and I wouldn't have understood them either.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adi and theri kittanjathu Abhiyude bagyam...I always look 2 or 3 times to make sure its the right one,symbol changes..Abt foods lov thai foods, not all..like pad thai ,fried rice and thai iced tea...Try thai iced tea,it looks so pretty and tastes so good...

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahaha. nice that you came out of the toilet without getting into any issues :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha Ha Ha. You should say a big thanks to that lady in red. enni muthal gajani padathil surya pole pala toilet symbols photo eppozhum karuthiko evada poyalum refer cheyamallo LOL:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL!


    guess most of us have this fear that we will end up in the wrong one and hence make very sure when we take the ultimate step!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hahahaa..ok..let teh truth come out now ..you conveniently misread the signs rt ?..lolz..kidding ..naatukaru perumaarathathu bhagyam!..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very humorous post...i thought the other way first that the women landed the wrong place but it was finally you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my God u did that?!Lady must have had her heart in her mouth.Thank God you escaped unhurt.
    A good hilarious episode....but not good enough to happen again.I am going to be extra careful the next time i want to use the bathroom.It's a life lesson for me. Thanks abhi.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Couldn't stop laughing, loved the way you wrote this post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ha ha ha. Good that you escaped unhurt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I enjoyed reading this post.Could not help laughing.Thanks for dropping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Abhi,
    Good Evening!
    very interesting!It does happen and has happened!:)
    a lesson forever!
    how come the lady in red didn't scream?unbelievable!
    sasneham,
    Anu

    ReplyDelete
  19. Of course it happens sometimes ... good you were out unhurt :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. HAHAHAHA! You are too hilarious. If I were the lady I would have glared at you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. haha nice experiences with the thai food and the toilets. it is always good and helpful to try out new and different recipes. it will open our mind into a lot of ideas in terms of cooking, food, and much more.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Haha I recently held a Thai food festival at my place too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. next time anyone wanna try authenthic thai great yummy food in cochin kerala go to Thai BBQ House,njaliparambil junction,fort kochi check the link:
    http://www.hindu.com/mp/2010/01/28/stories/2010012851620300.htm

    ReplyDelete
  24. In Thailand people eat almost anything, I wouldn't be surprised that they eat jellyfish. Now I know why people call these animals jelly, they look like a sticky alien stuff when they are drawn out of the water. They are definitely more attractive into the water.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your valuable comments. I do respect your opinions.

All the posts are about my life with a pinch of comment on social activities and new discoveries happening around us.

The purpose is to impart knowledge and welcome comments for correction on views, since these are from a single spectator.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin