Thursday, October 1, 2009

Does sleeping in train develop brain? – Description by a traveler



I was thinking whether sleeping in the trains develop ones brain. Do you wonder why I think so? I do not know if you have seen people sleeping in the train, if yes then you can see the way they sleep; forgetting all the tensions, work, family, and people around them. Brain can only develop if you are free to think and apply. The train sleepers sleep 1-2 hours in the train. These are the government employees, ones working in private companies, executives who travel daily through train.



If you notice closely, you can see many funny aspects. People normally sleep in train sometimes unknowingly where majority have their mouth opened during this process. It may appear as if there is a grand gala invitation to the neighboring flies and mosquitoes.



Some of them even sleep on the shoulders of their fellow passengers. When I refer about all and miss myself then it is not fair. This video was taken by sreekuamar when we were traveling in Venad express train. I always keep my ipod with me to hear the songs and always fall asleep. I never knew what I did unless Sreekumar show me this video.



Venad express runs from Shornur to Trivandrum every day and reaches tripunithura by 5.30 PM. It arraives at Kayamkulam by 8 PM. This is the only train available to officers working the shifts of 9 to 5.30 Pm. There is a crowd to welcome you on the weekends and then do not expect anything other than a safe place at the side of the door. If you are a experienced traveler then you can adjust yourselves at the balconies of the wooden boggies.



We went a couple of months before to attend Sreekumar’s wedding and there was not even a place to stand in the train. The dreams to attend the morning marriage appeared to be in vein until Sunil discovered the goods boggie. This was the first time I was traveling in this boggie. We found a lot of space there. People soon filled there space on the balconies, lower corners and even on the floor. Traveling by train is fun and hectic depending on the situation.



We attended sreekuamars marriage happily and decided to travel Ernakulam. We reached the station by 3.30 Pm and the next train was said to arrive on 4 PM. The train arrived in 4- 5 minutes after a voice from a woman announced its arrival. The train moved around the station and I could see people filled in like stuffed tomatoes in a small basket.



We managed to get into the train and soon adjusted the rush and the hot temperature created by the crowded people. It appeared as if we were kept for cooking in the cooker. We all were waiting for some people to get down and some fresh air to enter the doors, touching our face to create a cool sensation. I searched for Prashant and laughed the moment I noticed him sleeping on the back of a passenger.



If you are best at sleeping in the trains then you will never experience the hectic traveling and crowded people. It shows sleep is good for health and your brains. So keep sleeping in trains.

23 comments:

  1. hi abhi,
    Ur articles r quite interesting...it remains close to our normal day today life....
    I have seen many of ur comments in my blog..Thnks a million ...
    Abt the last commment on our authentic curry,i thnk almost all moms in kerala knows to prepare tht curry nad thts one of fav of my parents...actually i didnt like it before...But wen we r away frm our beautiful land,we start luving everythng there and starts to learn everthng

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to hear that you still like Kerala and proud that you love the culture and recipes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually I love bhindi very much. Ya its true this bhindi will be ideal with chapati.
    Interesting post. I like the way you describe and its very interesting to read and to know about different things. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He he thats interesting article...Keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You took me back to my old memories when i used to travel in train to my college just like you said..

    thakarpan...your writings have the power to make anybody feel the smell of their native soil.. keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed reading ur write up....was really interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Re: All

    Thank you. I hope I was able to provide a interesting post along with the things people often do and goes unnoticed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL....they slept like nobody is around.
    I can't read in the bus or train, that makes me feel dizzy and sick. I would probably take the chance to have a nap too if it's a long commute.

    Angie's Recipes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sense of humor! Very fine thing to have. And I think I have to write a post about sleeping on other people's shoulders!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Re: Mridula

    Will be waiting to see that post

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never ever able to sleep in bus or train, its really not possible for me..Enjoyed reading this article Abilash..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice wirite up Abhi..OMG..look at him,is he sleeping by standing..cool..I agree with u,its good for those who has long commute,to forget all the tensions ,and a great timepass too..but people like me who couldn't sleep in train or plane,so sad,just imagine my 20 hr plane journey from india to US..Planeil ninnum irangi odan thonnum...orangunnavare kollanum,he he..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Re: Vrinda

    Try listning to music with a better vlume and you will feel sleepy. Tey ipod's especially shuffle. They create a vibrating effect in ears when a bit loud and you feel sleepy.

    Pinne urakam varunillengil... planeil cooking section undu... get those guys in hand and make them learn some good recipes to serve the passengers...

    Howz that idea?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really they are lucky to have a nap even in busy trains... I can never sleep in bus or train even if I am very tired.... and regarding ur doubt about jantikalu / murukku - jantikalu is the name for murukku in Telugu :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha ha ha, really funny to see u sleeping like this:)

    I can never sleep in train or bus, i have fear that i will miss the station:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG this post is about me..... ha ha haa I can sleep in the train, bus or even in car. By the time I sit in the train or bus that s it I am out of the world. But if I am traveling alone I couln't sleep...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Interesting post and funny pictures...I had a good laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ha ha, good read! Thats true, sleep helps to sort out few things/ improves memory power in the brain.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm don't like developing my brain when I travel alone. If I'm travelling with my hubby, then I develop my brain though the whole journey:)
    Sure, u are going to get "nalla porinja adi" when those sleeping guys find their snaps on ur blog.

    ReplyDelete
  20. hehe. that was such a nice photographic journal on sleeping on the trains :)
    i used to do that while traveling in the buses. it used to pain when your head banged on the rails...hehe

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't know whether sleeping in the trains help or not increasing memory power, but your photos are quite funny :)) Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  22. hahaha....Very interesting article...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your posts are interesting, hats off. Could you pls arrange the posts under different labels as this would help the navigation easier.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your valuable comments. I do respect your opinions.

All the posts are about my life with a pinch of comment on social activities and new discoveries happening around us.

The purpose is to impart knowledge and welcome comments for correction on views, since these are from a single spectator.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin