Sunday, August 23, 2009

Witnessing Athachamayam 2009, competitor to Athachamayam 2008



I was finally able to view the Athachamayam 2009 at Tripunithura. Yesterday we slept late and wake up at 9 AM in the morning. Rain god started showering liquid to greet the Athachamayam celebrations at 10 Am.
I thought this would result in a long greet and the Athachamayam will not happen. At 10.30, the rain stopped and I decided to move for the celebration. I was planning to take a bath and there comes a sound “tring tring” a phone call from Hanish, my friend in USA. I attended the phone and it went until 11 AM.



At 11.30 AM, I went to Tripunithura, kept my vehicle behind the stores in Statue Junction. I was able to see crowds gathering at the Junction to see Athachamayam. There were people on the statue, on Buildings, houses, balconies, road-edges, and in short everywhere.



I tried to move forward crossing the crowd but was unable to see the celebration clearly. I approached the route connecting statue junction to “Kirakke kotta”(East fort) and managed to find a position where I could see it clearly. I took my camera/ mobile phone from my pocket that flashed a light on pressing the button and captured the stills.



This year’s Athachamayam was more beautiful that the previous year. I saw children dancing in different dance forms, tableus and yes… Tripunithura’s girls. :D

I like thetableau with Jesus on cross, Soldiers and the hanuman’s tableau. There was a tableu with a person hanged by his neck. This tableau halted at the junction when the person hung was unable to get sufficient air. I think this is the difficult part for the people who act in these tableus.



There was “panthaya kozhi” a Malayalam movie on Asianet and we forget to go for chambakara boat race. So sad :(
This marks beginning to Onam and celebrations in Kerala.

13 comments:

  1. Wow you have brought the celebration live to all of us through your post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures... got to know more abt this celebration through ur blog...thanks for dropping by....do keep in touch...take care abhi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theyyam kanditte kaalam kore aayi,miss everything..thanx for sharing the pics,hope u guys had a great time,Athapoovitto...?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice photos of the celebrations... Happy Onam

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy ganesh chaturthi:)
    Superb photos of celebrations...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Pics, Abhilash!I have plenty of Malayali friends from Calicut and near the Guruvayur.I love your traditions:)Happy Chavithi, well Belated now!
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great shots of this neat celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the flots are super
    i will appreciate owner A T BIJUKUMAR

    ReplyDelete
  10. colorful, abhi! thanks for enjoying it for us :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. so beautiful pic.hope you enjoying the festiv season.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Re: All

    Thank you for the comments.
    I hope all know the date now. You can plan and come here next year and witness the same.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice post..abhi..i really like it. Thank you for sharing the information.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your valuable comments. I do respect your opinions.

All the posts are about my life with a pinch of comment on social activities and new discoveries happening around us.

The purpose is to impart knowledge and welcome comments for correction on views, since these are from a single spectator.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin