Monday, August 31, 2009

Rare surprise for my family on Onam 2009



Tomorrow is a very pleasant day for me. My parents are coming to Kerala to celebrate their Onam. My father is visiting Kerala after 9 years. My parents remember their last Onam in kerala 23 years ago when I was a child. After that, they have never celebrated an Onam in Kerala.



They planned to give a surprise to their parents, brothers, and sisters by giving them a visit on Onam 2009 as none would expect them that day. They called me last week and said, they are planning to come to Kerala for Onam. I said I will book the tickets and they can come, I got an immediate answer from my mother “the tickets are already booked. We are coming on 1st September”. I should expect such reply… mm.. at last, she is my mother.

I am packing all things so I can accompany them from Ernakulam. All I would take is my laptop, rest I have at the house where my grandparents reside. I called my grandmother and said two of my friends are expected to come on Onam celebration and to prepare food for them. I don’t want my parents to starve on Onam 2009.

I was ironing my shirt and there comes a ring from my head to call a client and clear urgent problem in the project. I took my helmet, pushed key into the keyhole of bike and boom… reached office corrected the problem, uploaded files, called him and sorted out the problem. Now I am back home, I plan to watch kandasaamy may be after I am back from home. I assume it will be a great movie.

I am gonna enjoy this Onam. May Onam 2009 bring happiness. My wishes for a very healthy and prosperous Onam for you and all your family members.

18 comments:

  1. Happy onam abhi....have a nice time with ur family and enjoy....take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Onam Abhi... enjoy with your family and that is a good surprise for your grand parents :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. After 9 yrs,r u kidding..?Anyway enjoy maximum,i can imagine how excited u r...lucky u..Onam adichupolikku.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Re: Vrinda, Padma and Sushma

    Thank you for the wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Onam Abhi... Have blast with your family and that is really a good surprise for your grand parents :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy onam. I'm jealous. Pinne,I have an article come in "snehitha malayalam magazine onam special" about blogging. Chk it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Onam to you and your loved ones...

    Can imagine your excitement!

    nd please dont forget to post a photo of the Sadhya.. love watching it...

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy for you. onam wishes. have a wonderful - heartfilling - stomachfilling time with your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Onam Abhi...have a wonderful time with your parents :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice pic Abi...enjoy Onam with your parents

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Onam Abhi, enjoy with ur family:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's the first time I've heard of such a celebration...Very fascinating! Happy Onam, Abhi!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy onam Abhi enjoy the festival with your family. have a nice time

    ReplyDelete
  14. Got an award for u! When ur back, plz accept it Abhi:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. wish you a belated happy onam :) Hope you had fun..

    And buddy just saw kandasaamy last evening. Don't expect too much from the movie, you would get disappointed else its a decently good movie. All old crap from Gentle man, anniyan, sivaji put together in a mixie is kandasaamy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The frog is pretty much edible if you like eating capsicums raw :) :)

    and yeah true abt the film. things could have been better..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey your site song is too good.. i love this song from aadhavan too :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Belated onam abhi .. Have wonderful time with ur Family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your valuable comments. I do respect your opinions.

All the posts are about my life with a pinch of comment on social activities and new discoveries happening around us.

The purpose is to impart knowledge and welcome comments for correction on views, since these are from a single spectator.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin